• Generalities: Panamanian corporations are capital based entities that operate through the incorporation of a juridical person with a separate juridical and financial identity that of its stockholders. These corporations constitute the main legal vehicle through which investments in Panama are carried out and were created by Law No. 32 of 1927.
• Objectives: Their Objective may be any licit business or activity.
• Subscription: The subscribers are the formal founders of the corporation; they may renounce their right to take shares in the corporation, which relinquishes the need for the shareholders to travel to Panama to constitute the corporation.
• Shareholder: Are the legal owners of the corporation, and are registered in the shareholders´ record kept at the corporate offices.
Their identities are maintained confidential, since they only reside in the stock register which the corporation keeps; they are not inscribed in the Public Registry.
• Capital: The Law does not require a minimum of paid capital, and it may be conformed by stock with or without par value.
• Directors and Officers: The Law requires minimum 3 Directors, although they are not required to be Panamanian nationals or residents; the Law also requires at least a President, a Secretary and a Treasurer.
• Approximate Time of Incorporation: Eight (8) business days from the moment all of the information necessary for the drawing up of the Articles of Incorporation is received.
In order to incorporate in Panama, please provide us with the following basic information to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to increase the level of confidentiality of the information being transmitted, you may also print this form and send it to us by fax or courier.